Friday, May 30, 2008

The great outdoors

I just have to say that I am ecstatically happy to finally have a yard to call my own. I spend a little time every day out there just puttering around - pulling a stray weed, hoping to catch a glimpse of a new bird, just enjoying being outside!

I have a few new friends:

Humbert, the hummingbird (or Black Beak as Matt calls him) .. there is another hummer out now that we have agreed to call Yellow Beak even though it's beak is clearly black.

My talavera froggie (bought on my bachelorette party cruise in Cozumel) and butterflies

A toad that I coaxed into hanging out in my toad home for a day .. we'll see if he sticks around or not.My first container arrangement .. the hibiscus is blooming like crazy!
My second container arrangement .. I have always wanted some purple fountain grass
My newly adopted frangipani - blooming like mad! Maybe my original frangi will get the idea and try to send out a flower ...
My aloe decided to join the party - I'll try to remember to take a picture when the blooms open.
Last, but not least ... my rare, but wonderful Husband! Eating dinner on the patio ...